BRIEF HISTORY:This temple of Siva in the typical Vijayanagara style of architecture was founded by Namassivaya, an officer of Bayakara Ramappa, provincial Governor of Achyuta Raya of Vijayanagara in A.D. 1539. The temple has a dvara gopura in the north with a high adhishthana. The brick superstructure rises in three tiers. The third tier has a sala-sikhara. Each tier has stucco figures. On plan this trikuta structure has three garbhagrihas in the west, north and south, all of which open into a common pillared sabhamandpa through an ardhamantapa. The sabhamantapa opens into a pillared mukhamantapa. All sanctums have a dvitala brick-and-stucco Dravida vimana. The finials are missing.