Inscribed Vishnu Temple Near Vitthala Temple
BRIEF HISTORY:This temple, located to the north-west of the Vitthala Temple has large inscriptions on its walls stating that the temple of Tirumangai Alvar was built by Avubilaraju In A.D. 1554. The temple facing east, has on plan a garbhagriha, an antarala and sabhamantapa with two side porches in north and south, with a doorway on the east and two small entrances in the west wall (for the sake of pradakshina around antarala and garbhagriha). The ceiling of the sabhmantapa has an elaborately carved lotus. The pillars are of ornate cubical Vijayanagara type with usual bas-reliefs. The temple has a moulded adhisthana. It has a ruined prakara wall, and a ruined mantapa attached to the interior of the prakara at its south-eastern comer.